Thursday, May 11, 2006

A disappointing discovery


This is a new home I found out in the country. It is 4 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bath, remodeled already, 2 car garage, barn, garden and fenced yard and 5 acres. I love living out in the country. I love the solitude, the quiet, the nature, the freedom to let the kids wander around and not worry about people taking them. I love the thought of my kids going naked in the summer and I won't have to worry about the neighbors and what they think. I have always wanted to live in the country.

I want to have chickens, sheep, goats, maybe a horse for K. I want to have a huge garden and live that kind of life. My love is not that way. He is a city boy. He wants to walk to work, and live in the whole jungle of life. I would prefer to hide from it.

My disappointing discovery this morning was I thought I might be able to live in the city if there was a big yard, and I could have chickens. That was shot down. They have city ordinances where fowl can not be kept closer then 150 feet from any dwelling. The yards there are only 150 feet so I don't think I will ever get my chickens. This was very sad to me. Not to my love. He just laughed and said he'd buy me some land and I could have chickens in 10 years when we build on it.

No comments: