Sunday, January 22, 2012

Brrr...{things to do to stay warm}

Curb snow


January is in full swing.  Around here that means lots of snow.  We feel we are finally getting the snow we were promised and are now wondering things like:

• how much snow is too much on the mudroom roof?
• how are we going to get the roof snow rake out of the shed that is snowed shut?

We are expecting another 8 inches tomorrow.  I love snow.  That's a good thing right?

My daughter surprised me this week by asking me how to knit again.  She has been watching me knit this scarf.
She loves the texture of it and the idea of making her own things since I take so long to knit around here.

I have taught her before last winter but she only did a few very small things.  This time a quick 10 minutes of showing and she was off.  She already has 18 inches done on her scarf and the great thing is she has something to do to keep busy when she is bored.

No comments: