Thursday, May 10, 2012

Road Trip

Living in the boonies means that some times you have to put four hours in the car just to go to the doctor's office. It sounds painful to me, I just don't like cars that much and my youngest gets carsick. I always forget though that the view on the way there is magical and the time flies right by.

This day it was cloudy, misty and foggy. The highway runs along side several lakes, including Lake Superior at the beginning of the trip and then plunged into woods and large hills. The lake often mimics the sky here which means the water is always changing.; Bright Blue, Green, Dark Murky Blue, and it was Grey as the sky today.; It was very hard to tell where the lake started and the clouds began.  I couldn't snap any pictures because I was driving.

On the way back we decided with the help of someone yelling "Pit Stop" from the back to explore one of the road side parks.; I had heard that there was a couple a of waterfall at one of them.

Untitled

Untitled
Anyone for a walk in the woods with me?

Untitled
There it is!

Untitled

Untitled
It was not the biggest, or the best but the journey to it was fun and a great break.

Untitled
Signs of Beaver!

Untitled

And what 9 year old could resist pumping the drinking fountain?

No comments: