Monday, March 25, 2013

Dogs escape

I said last week we needed to keep a path cleared in the dog yard. Well then all the snow blew around and I did dig out a little path and the dog door but I did not expect the back part of the yard to fill in overnight with blowing snow. Usually the snow is so powdery that the dogs don't venture out on top.

Who wants to walk in snow that goes over your head?  Well they must have been feeling courageous and found the six inches left of the six foot fence was not enough to hold them back.  I'm sure it helped that they were outside when the mailman was making his rounds.  We found them both moments after their escape one sitting on the front porch barking, the other on the back.

So out we went to fix the situation. I tried to get all the kids out to help but the older ones pointed out that we currently only have two shovels since one was lost months ago in the snow.

  So my youngest helped as always.  Between the two of us we got the perimeter cleared in an hour.  He loves any chance he can get to work on the roof of the shed.  He was practicing his action movie stunts by jumping off the roof into a roll onto the snow below.  He's getting quite good.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

So, it's your second winter. Are you still in love with the snow?

Queen of Scatterville said...

Totally in Love with it still. Snow is so pretty. I wish we managed to get out more in it, but I love just watching it. That's good because it snows a little everyday.

Jennifer said...

The pictures make me feel homesick; yet, I've lived in Texas all my life. Loving all the posts and pictures!