Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bath Remodel Update

Untitled
Some cool peeling paint from our original plaster ceiling.  Last patch of plaster in the house.  It was covered up a few days ago.

Untitled
I feel like I spent the whole day in this closet!  Why do closets have so many corners?  My love spent the first part of the day in there with me after I cussed out the drywall up high.  I'm too short to drive in the screws through the wood paneling, then the plaster and then the bricks? Lucky for me, he came in and asked what he could do to help.

Untitled
Then I spent the rest of the day taping and mudding the closet. Each corner needed some special corner tape.  I bought a new kind that didn't have metal strips, we'll see how it holds up.

The plumber is supposed to be coming tomorrow to install the new shower valve and then we can start tiling the shower/bath area.

I finally got out of the closet and we went for a beautiful mountain bike ride in the woods. It was great except that it's bug season already and the mosquitos tried to eat us alive. We were armed with spray though.

No comments: