Monday, June 03, 2013

Garden

Untitled

Things are really starting to grow around here with our longer days.  We wish it would warm up to go with the extra sunlight however.  I noticed the peas Tall Telephone peas from Baker Seeds were starting to poke out of the ground and take off.  These are supposed to grow 6 feet or more with support and we didn't have any support.

Untitled

So spying some scrap wood and our roll of chicken wire I got to work.  On our walks around the neighborhood I saw someone else had a vegetable support that went up and then over the edge of their garden to extend their growing space.  Great idea.

Untitled 

Now that I have made this however I think I will need to make another one that is taller since pea tend to grow more upright and I can move this one to the squash.

No comments: