Thursday, February 09, 2012

Studio organizing

Sewing pegboard


Sewing pegboard


Sewing pegboard


Sewing pegboard


I love pegboard! We finally got around to organizing the tools so we can find them, (we have at least two of everything!) and I realized how useful pegboard is! Perfect solution for my sewing studio. I can never find those little tools you need like seam rippers, or attachments for the sewing machines, or cutting tools. Now they are all right there within arms reach. Now if only I could find the time to use them. I am hoping that time becomes available very soon. My daughter has a dress all picked out for me to help her sew.

The blue box above was a wonderful find from a garage sale.  It's full of old buttons!   I found that 1/4" dowel rods cut into 2 1/2" pieces are the perfect length to poke through the peg board and then put a spool of thread on.  As you can see I ran out of dowels, but I love the look of them all laid out on the top that I am rethinking the dowel for some sort of little shelves.

No comments: